The Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship Award
Citizens for Nuclear Technology Awareness (CNTA) is pleased to announce that Mr. Robert "Rob" Picardi is the winner of the 2013 Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship award.
Rob received a Bachelor of Science in both Physics and Mathematics from Furman University. He is currently enrolled in the Master's program at Virginia Tech for Mechanical Engineering, specializing in heat transfer and renewable energy.
The recipient will be recognized at the annual Edward Teller Lecture/Banquet.
CNTA wishes Mr. Picardi much luck in his future endeavors.
The award, valued at $5,000, is made possible by Savannah River Remediation (SRR), the liquid waste contractor at the Savannah River Site (SRS). SRR sponsors the scholarship to honor the memory of Robert Maher, a tireless and able manager who served the SRS for 48 years prior to his death Sept. 14, 2002.
To be eligible for the Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Candidate must be enrolled as a junior or senior in a university or college within South Carolina or Georgia;
- Candidate must have at least a "B" average overall grade and a "B" average in science/engineering and mathematics, as a minimum, for college level course work; and
- Candidate must be pursuing a B.S. degree in a nuclear science, nuclear engineering, or an engineering or science discipline that is directly related to the nuclear field.
Previous winners of the award include:
- 2012 - Mr. Matthew Correnti (Furman University)
- 2011 - Mr. Dillon Inabinett (University of South Carolina)
- 2010 - Ms. Candice Hampton (South Carolina State University)
- 2010 - Mr. Ryan Harris (Clemson University)
- 2009 - Mr. Rea Cauthen (Clemson University)
- 2008 - Mr. Andrew Petrarca (University of South Carolina)
- 2007 - Mr. Matthew Presson (University of South Carolina)
- 2006 - Ms. Emily Colvin (Georgia Tech)
- 2005 - Mr. James Weathers (Georgia Tech)
- 2004 - Mrs. Kara Beharry (South Carolina State)
- 2003 - Mr. Christopher J. Fong, Atlanta GA (Georgia Tech)
Questions, Comments, Concerns about our Website? Let us know!