1204 Whiskey Rd, Suite B
Edward Teller Lecture
As part of its public outreach, CNTA sponsors the annual Edward Teller Lecture, named for the famed nuclear pioneer who played a key role in development of nuclear energy during World War II.
Dr. Teller inaugurated the annual lecture series in 1992 in connection with the 50th anniversary of nuclear energy. He told a sold-out audience in Augusta, Georgia, that nuclear energy and the Savannah River Site both have much to offer in the years ahead and urged full development of their potential.
In succeeding years, a series of prestigious and provocative speakers have followed Dr. Teller on the podium, including the following. Click on a recent year to see the Teller Lecture page for that event.
- 2016 - Dr. Sig Hecker
- 2015 - Adm. Cecil Haney
- 2014 - Robert Stone
- 2013 - Marvin "Marv" Fertel
- 2012 - Hon. Kristine L. Svinicki
- 2011 - Stephen Kuczynski
- 2010 - John 'Grizz' Deal
- 2009 - Hon. James E. Clyburn, D-SC
- 2008 - Ms. Gwyneth Cravens
- 2007 - Dr. Dale Klein
- 2006 - Dr. Nils Diaz
- 2005 - Dr. Frank "Skip" Bowman
- 2004 - Dr. Henry Wagner, Jr.
- 2003 - Dr. John S. Foster
- 2002 - Corbin A. McNeill
- 2001 - Senator Pete Domenici, R, NM
- 2000 - Dr. Harold Agnew
- 1999 - Howard H. Baker, Jr.
- 1998 - Richard Rhodes
- 1997 - James R. Schlesinger
- 1996 - Dr. Alvin M. Weinberg
- 1995 - William S. Lee
- 1994 - Dr. Leonard Sagan
- 1993 - Dr. Merril Eisenbud and Dr. Margaret N. Maxey
- 1992 - Dr. Edward Teller
The 26th Annual Edward Teller Lecture and Banquet on October 19, 2017, will feature Dr. James Conca, Environmental Scientist, Consultant, and Science Contributor to Forbes on energy and nuclear issues.
Other regular features of the Teller Lectures are the presentations of the Fred C. Davison Distinguished Scientist Award and the Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship.
Questions, Comments, Concerns about our Website? Let us know!