1204 Whiskey Rd, Suite B
CNTA's Speakers' Bureau
Need a Speaker?
Maybe CNTA can help. Citizens for Nuclear Technology Awareness is a not-for-profit, educational organization dedicated to providing factual, objective information on nuclear subjects for the public, teachers, students, public officials, and at public hearings. We do this to improve public knowledge of the real benefits and comparative risks of nuclear technologies, including nuclear production of electricity, nuclear medicine, food irradiation, nuclear waste management, and the health effects of low levels of radiation.
News: Speakers Bureau Topics Announced
For 2017, we announce a series of offerings for public events and outreach. A page with topics, arranged by subjects, is found on the CNTA Speakers Bureau Topics page. Initial categories include:
- Nuclear Energy
- Nuclear Safety
- Nuclear Security
- Waste Management
- Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant
CNTA speakers are experts on their subject talks, including natural radiation, risks of exposure to radiation, beneficial uses of radiation, health effects of radiation exposure, production of electricity using nuclear technologies, use of nuclear technology in national defense, applications of nuclear technologies in diagnosing and curing medical health problems, cleaning up contamination at nuclear facilities and sites, missions of the Savannah River Site, and the facts and myths about the nuclear industry.
Did You Know That ...
- Everyone receives radiation every day from natural sources, and natural radiation varies widely around the world?
- Natural radiation exceeds the amount permitted by regulatory agencies at the boundary of nuclear facilities?
- Nuclear energy contributes more than half of the electricity in South Carolina and approximately 30 percent in Georgia?
- Nuclear production of electricity does not contribute to global warming, smog, acid rain, or mercury pollution?
- Nuclear production of electricity puts less radioactivity into the environment per kilowatt of electricity produced than a coal-powered plant?
- Irradiation of selected foods could prevent many of the thousands of deaths and illnesses that occur from contaminated food in the U.S. and the rest of the world?
- The safety record of transporting nuclear materials is better than that of other hazardous materials?
- Most adults over 50 have had one or more nuclear medicine procedures and many of their lives have been saved by it?
Questions, Comments, Concerns about our Website? Let us know!